About the Position
As a Service Technician I, you will be responsible for performing general maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance with all Fleet Services Equipment (Forklifts), automated systems, and conveyors involving all customer and vendors of Kenco Fleet Services.
- Repair and maintain all Fleet Services Equipment, automated systems, and conveyors using standards set by site.
- Responsible for scheduling Planned Maintenance (PM) of all Fleet Services Equipment, automated systems, and conveyors, and keeping updated records of PM’s completed.
- Inspects forklifts, automated systems, conveyors, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
- Use manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to troubleshoot engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, or other components on material handling equipment, automated systems, and conveyors.
- Communicate any abuse damages to onsite personnel with a detailed description of problem.
- Communicate with KFS Parts Manager on parts and supplies needed to maintain equipment.
- Maintain parts inventory and repair records for all equipment by completing accurate paperwork.
- Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OSHA and operational standards.
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
- Must interact with customers and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for general cleanliness of service area always.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate required.
- 0 – 2 years of mechanic experience; preferably prior experience with repair and maintenance of material handling, automated systems, and conveyors, or similar equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems on multiple types of equipment and systems.
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, highly responsible, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Supply own mechanic technician hand tools.
- Must be able to safely operate lift trucks.